Entrepreneurs and innovators are starting to look more and more into food, which is not only exciting, but a crucial next step for the food industry. If we are to successfully and sustainably feed billions of people we need to take a bigger look at how to do that. Also, food will become more and more personalized as your personal data gets more and more useful. Imagine a world with a fridge like thing in your kitchen automatically preparing the perfect meal from you based on what your toilet and other sensors linked to your body diagnose that you need. We may dismiss this as science fiction, but so has man done with all innovation throughout history. The reason this will become a reality is that it’s good for people and within short technically and financially feasible.
On this page we will summarize some of the food innovation work going on around the world so you can stay up-to-date. Here is a first list:
- Food Tech Connect – Gathering news around using tech in food
- Consumer Physics – Have developed a food scanner
- Impossible foods – Making meat and cheese products without animals
- 4Ento – All about insects to solve for the global food crisis
- Water in food – A great scroll animation painting the challenging picture of water used to produce food
- Hampton Creek – Trying to produce mass market food that is better for you
- Caleb Harper – Director of the Open Agriculture Initiative at the MIT Media Lab, doing a TED-talk around computers growing food
We will continue building on this content, and if you have any tips don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you!